Sunday, May 19, 2013

"Behold, the new has come."

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." - 2 Corinthians 5:17

Is this not the coolest thing ever? Lately, I have been blown away with the truth in this verse.  

When I was a kid, I didn't really have any worries or cares, life was so simple. I loved it. Then I began to grow and things started becoming more difficult. I started to care about what I looked like, and care about what other people thought of me. Started to think about boys differently. My parents started having problems and "struggles" actually became real. However, as a teen I still kept this optimism that one day I would fix all of my problems and life would be good. I then got in high school and began making really bad life choices, I guess I just thought that when I got "older" I would then give my life to the Lord and everything would be all-good. That was the dumbest idea I have ever had. I went through most of my life making all my own decisions, ultimately being Lord over my life, and never really consulting the one who put me here for His purpose (stupid right?) 

Luckily, that God who made me, found me one day in a really dark place. He showed me just a glimpse of His everlasting light and I have been drawn to it ever since. He truly gave me hope for a future where all of my problems would be fixed, where everything is perfect. Thankfully though, He has also given me an understanding that this future is in Heaven not here on earth. He didn't promise me that life here on earth would be perfect or that life would be "struggle-free" but that those struggles would mold, shape, and strengthen me...Until I get to heaven and there will be no more struggle, no more pain, no more sorrow or death, all will be perfect. The Lord has been so faithful to me, He truly has changed me from the inside out. I am a new creation. Don't get me wrong, there are still many parts of my life that are broken. In fact, I am sorely tempted by things that taunted me years ago. But the difference is, I no longer try and handle or fix all of those things on my own. I know that I have a God that I can always rely on and turn to for guidance, forgiveness, and love. He is faithful and has proven that to me time and time again, I no longer trust in myself, I trust in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment